After School Programs to Develop the Full Potential of Students
Our students not only have a strong academic experience, but also have opportunities to participate in our curricular enhancement programs. These programs include fine arts, performing arts, and athletics. We believe that these experiences are critical to the development of the full potential of our students.
Morton School of Excellence
431 N. Troy Ave.
Chicago , IL 60612
A CPS Neighborhood School
The mission of our athletic program is to offer student-athletes, through participation in competitive athletics, an opportunity to experience meaningful growth, accomplishment, and success. As a Morton Mustang student-athlete you are a positive role model within our school and the community at large. As a student-athlete at our school, your sportsmanship goals should include:
- Maintaining at least a C+ in all classes, attend school daily, and exhibit positive behavior;
- Respecting the rules of the games, the officials who administer the rules, and their decisions;
- Respecting our opponents as fellow student-athletes,
- Refraining from engaging in all types of disrespectful behavior
- Looking at athletic participation as a potentially beneficial learning experience, whether you win or lose;
- Educating other students and fans to understand the rules of the game, and the value of sportsmanship.
Fine and Performing Arts
Our extracurricular programs are designed to provide opportunities for students to extend their learning beyond regular school hours. Students are able to participate in a variety of activities, like The Teen Business club, Chess club, Ladies In Training (Girls Mentoring), Morton Male Mentoring Matters (Male Mentoring). Technology Leaders, Homework Helpers etc..